A Life Line for Surviving Domestic Abuse
SafeJourney is a hospital-based domestic abuse advocacy program that provides a compassionate and informed response team of both trained medical personnel and volunteer advocates. Together, they address the medical, safety, emotional, and economic needs of those whose lives are shaken by intimate partner violence.
The mission of SafeJourney is to provide the support, information and advocacy to individuals and families who do not feel safe in a relationship and empower them to implement a safety plan.
SafeJourney treats individuals with dignity and respect and provides them with the support and advocacy they desire to achieve their goals. Our ability to comprehensively and effectively respond to domestic violence is dependent upon a collaborative relationship with community services and informed, educated, responsive health care professionals. Collaboration occurs through networking, educational offerings, outreach programming and implementation of a consistent method to proactively identify and treat victims of domestic violence. We believe to make informed decisions, individuals need access to information to know their options and available resources.
Your Donations Can Provide:
• Individual safety planning for patients at Maple Grove Hospital
• Safe housing referral and cab voucher to the shelter
• Legal advocacy to assist with Orders For Protection and support through court system
• Connection to professional pro bono services including attorneys, financial advisors, mental health professionals, and life coaches
• Referrals to community resources
• Education on children’s safety and resources
• Weekly support groups
• Individual counseling
• Follow up support services with every client for a year
• Documentation and photograph of injury
• Operational costs including volunteer training, pagers, staff education, community outreach